ij.start.canon | Canon.com/ijsetup | Canon Wireless Setup
Innovative printing features and superb print quality make Canon IJ printers stand out from other printers. If you have purchased a new Canon IJ printer and are encountering problems setting it up, the steps mentioned below will help you. We have explained the quick and simple process to assist users set up their Canon IJ printer. You can also get the complete setup process at ij.start.canon. Now is the time to get started and follow the step-by-step procedure.
Quick Instructions to Set Up Canon IJ Printer Hardware
Any first-time buyer of a Canon IJ printer may face difficulties while carrying out the Canon IJ printer setup process. We have made the procedure quite easy for you. Follow the quick and easy instructions:
- First and foremost, unbox the Canon IJ printer carefully.
- Remove the protective tape wrapped around the printer.
- Avoid placing it on a wet surface as it may affect the hardware parts of your Canon IJ printer.
- You now need to connect the power cable to your new Canon IJ printer and then connect it to the power source.
- Now, turn on the Canon IJ printer by pressing the Power button on the front of the Canon IJ printer.
- By hitting the Power button, you will see the red light glowing.
- The light is an indication that your Canon IJ printer is working.
- After that, take the original cartridges, install them on the Canon IJ printer in the proper position and make sure that the ink cartridges sit in their proper place.
- Now is the time to load A4 sheets on the paper tray of your Canon IJ printer.
- Now, you are ready to print documents.
Set Up Network Settings in Quick Steps
In the procedure above, we have learned how to set up a Canon IJ printer hardware. The step-by-step instructions below assist you in setting up your new Canon IJ printer easily. To set up the right network settings, follow the step-by-step instructions:
- Press the "Menu" button on the operational panel of the Canon IJ printer
- Then, you need to go to the "Network Settings" option.
- Here, you will see the "LAN settings". Select the LAN settings and click on the OK button.
- Scroll down until the "Wireless LAN Setup" option appears on the screen.
- Scan for the networks available in the zone. All the networks available nearby will appear in the search results. Select the network you want to connect to.
- In order to establish the connection between the Canon IJ printer and the network, you have to enter the correct password for the preferred network.
- After you have entered the correct password, you need to click OK.
- After doing the same process, go to ij.start.canon to download the latest version of the drivers.
- Install the recently downloaded drivers with the help of the directions shown on the screen.
- Scan and print documents now.
Note: If a Canon IJ printer buyer faces any issue downloading the latest version of drivers for his/her Canon IJ printer, he/she may contact a Canon Support Team.
Quick Method to Establish Wireless Connection for New Canon IJ Printer
Below is the complete procedure on how one can establish a wireless connection for a new Canon printer. Follow these instructions in the same way as explained below.
- First, you need to read the user manual carefully so that you may learn about the WPS button on your Canon IJ printer.
- Connect your Canon IJ printer to the power supply and turn on the Canon IJ printer by pressing the power button.
- When your Canon IJ printer is in ON mode, long-press the Wi-Fi button present on it.
- As you press the Wi-Fi button, the blue light will start glowing.
- Configure the network settings properly as per your preference
- Load at least 20 A4 sheets on the paper tray of the Canon IJ printer.
- Finally, try to print a page to check if the connection is established.
How to Set Up Canon IJ on Mac Quickly
Are you a Mac user who is facing difficulties setting up Canon IJ on a Mac system? If yes, the instructions described below will help you. To quickly set up Canon IJ on your Mac, follow the instructions.
- First of all, connect your Mac system to the internet connection.
- After that, open any updated web browser on the system.
- Visit the manufacturer's site ij.start.canon.
- Type the printer model number and select the version of the operating system.
- When the "Download'' button appears on the screen, you need to click it.
- By clicking the "Download" button, you can download the file.
- When the download is complete, you need to install it by following the step-by-step instructions shown on the screen.
- Make sure to download the MP driver that contains the Canon IJ utility package.
- Now, double-click on the Canon utility folder and use the IJ scan utility and IJ printer utility.
- By following the procedure described above, you can set up Canon IJ on your Mac.